Monday, April 7, 2014

The Basics - 3

I think it's important to play to your strengths.  One of the most important tools that I've used over the years is called "Strength Finders."  Marcus Buckingham wrote the book, "Now, Discover Your Strengths."  In this book he lays out 30+ signature themes.  His Strength Finders test helps you identify your five signature themes.  He then makes the case that we should all play to our strengths and compensate for our weaknesses in other ways, such as delegation.

Getting the results from this test was very freeing for me.  My themes are responsibility, harmony, belief, deliberative, and arranger.  I won't describe these unless you ask.  But what I've found is that I am less stressed and more effective when I operate in these areas.  I've quit trying to be someone I'm not.

I recommend that you read the book and take the test.  You will find a great deal of freedom and purpose if you operate in your areas of strength.  God has given these strengths to you for a reason.  Find them.  Use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment