Friday, January 9, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

I've been away from my blog for what seems like forever.  Ok, it's been since August?  It's so hard to keep up with everything.  I've been teaching online courses, pastoring my church, chasing my senior daughter in her last year of high school, hanging out with my son at the gun range, etc.  Here are some rambling thoughts...

My greatest joy:  My children and grandson.  They are all such joy to me.  I can't imagine life without them!  It's great watching our youngest transition during this senior year of high school into a future collegiate person.  My son and I are growing closer each week, and he's been coming to church again every week for the past 3+ months.  My oldest daughter, my son-in-law, and my grandson, though far away, are so very dear to us. 

My greatest challenge:  Ministry is always a challenge.  I've been told that most pastors don't have what it takes to turn a church around.  Those who do, do it once.  A handful can do it twice.  I've been at EWC for 13+ years.  God has been gracious and we've seen good growth.  We've started a second service (Saturdays at 5:00 PM) and our overall attendance continues to climb.  I do find myself growing tired.

My greatest question:  What's next?  Am I growing toward a ride into the sunset or does God have a new mountain for me to climb?  What does the future hold?  More of the same?  Something new?

My greatest fear:  Please refer to my greatest question.  :)

My greatest ambition:  To follow Christ. 

By the way, you can follow me now on Facebook.  Just look up David Dignal.  If I know you, feel free to "friend" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment