Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

If you know me, you know I'm not the truly sentimental type. But I do need to give thanks. We were blessed to have our daughter, Sarah, and our son-in-law, Adam, and yet to be born Micah, home for a week (they chose to leave San Diego to spend the week before Thanksgiving in Indiana!). As I left the Indy airport after dropping them off this morning, I reflected on how special this Thanksgiving really was. We had our entire family home with us for the holiday! It's been a long time since we were all together. So I am thankful for my family, as well as God's provision that allowed us to be together this year. (Sarah just called from Dallas, TX, to say they had completed the first half of their trip home - I miss the three of them already!)

I'm also thankful for great friends. Our ministry has given us friends all over the United States as well as several places throughout the world. I'm blessed to have good friends who allow me the privilege of staying connected with them. Some friends have been by our side for over 30 years, some more recent, but all are very special to us. My life has been enriched by their influence.

If you haven't done so yet, please let someone know you are thankful for their influence in your life. It may come at just the right time for them, and you will be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Dave. I am blessed as well! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the California family connection! FYI: Matt has applied for a position in San Diego and will probably hear something this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, I'm thrilled. Let me know if he has to go out again for any follow-up interviews, or if they hire him. Sarah and Adam will be glad to help him get acquainted and settled.

    ReplyDelete