Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Challenging Days Ahead

I know that there will be those who will disagree with what I am writing today.  However, I'm allowed to have my point of view as much as they do, so here I go.

I am disappointed in the results of the national election.  The political agenda that has been embraced at both the national and state levels is one that takes us away from God.  There are forces at work that have been waiting for this election to begin the onslaught against our civil liberties.  There are lawyers that have been working behind the scenes to prepare an attack on Christian churches and organizations, eliminating our 501(c)3 status in an attempt to force churches to pay taxes while at the same time forcing nationalized health care on our institutions.  If such action is legalized, then many churches will be forced out of existence.  The financial burden will be too great.  And when that happens, the programs and charities that currently meet the needs of many people will be eliminated, forcing people to become more and more dependent on the federal government.  The new world order that our current political leaders are calling for will become a reality, paving the way for a world government and a world leader.  This sounds eerily like the prophecies of Scripture. 

However, I am not a fatalist.  I still believe in prayer and the power of God!  The Church must rise up!  I am not espousing a political agenda or that the Church become another PAC.  No, the Church must rise up and be the Church.  We must get back to fulfilling the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment.  We must be soul winners.  We must disciple those we lead to Christ.  We must teach people the Truth. 

My friends, there is no answer but Jesus!  There is no power that can change a life but His!  We must change our world one person at a time!  But we must engage our culture with the message of hope and salvation.  We can't wait for them to come to us.  We must go to them!  Those without Jesus are lost and dying and headed for a Christ-less hell.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me" (see John 14:6).  As Josh McDowell once wrote, Jesus Christ is either Lord, lunatic, or liar.  I believe He is Lord.  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment