Monday, November 5, 2012

Election Day

I've been sickened (again) this political season with all of the misleading campaign ads filled with lies and misdirection.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it takes place every election cycle.  I think what frustrates me even more is the number of people who can't seem to differentiate between truth and misinformation.  Like mindless sheep headed for slaughter, people are headed for the polls tomorrow (or have already done so via absentee or early balloting) to cast their vote for a godless agenda that will condemn America to ruin.

But there is hope!  No matter who is elected as the president, senator, congressman, etc, we who know the Lord have the inner realization that we have a future.  There is hope for America!  You see, our hope is not in the ways of man nor in the functions of a bureaucracy.  No individual is going to save us from ourselves.  We must turn to our Founding Father, and lift our voices to Him, and seek His ways.  And when we do, we have hope! 

When Solomon was dedicating the Temple in Jerusalem, God appeared to him and said, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices.  At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you.  Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land" (2 Chronicles 7:12-14 NLT). 

It's really up to us - the Church!  God restores when we are right with Him.  I agree with Bill Hybels when he says, "The hope of the world is the local church."  When the local church is walking with Jesus, that statement is true.  When we are walking with Jesus, then there will be a prevailing church against which the powers of hell cannot conquer (see Matthew 16:18). 

No comments:

Post a Comment