Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Serious Business

On Sunday I spoke about how following Jesus is serious business.  The reality of the fact that our faith is important to Jesus should mean our faith is important to us.  What does that mean?

Discipleship is not a part-time, once-in-a-while investment.  It requires the total investment of myself in following Jesus.  It means that while it is important that Jesus belongs to me, it is equally, if not more important that I belong to Him.  He is not at my beck and call.  I am to follow His lead and allow Him to be Lord of my life.  It is His tower - it is His war - that I am engaged in (see Luke 14:25-33).  The old hymn says it well:

"All to Jesus I surrender.  All to Him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him.  In His presence daily live.
I surrender all.  I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender.  I surrender all."

What is your greatest challenge in following Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment