Monday, October 7, 2013

Bringing It

One of the challenges we all face is to "bring it" each and every day.  What do I mean by that?  Let me state it from my life.  To bring it every day means that I have to be at my best at all times.  I need to attempt to do my best when I counsel a person, when I am coaching someone, or when I am teaching and preaching.  I especially feel this when I am speaking on Sunday mornings at my church.  While I can accept the fact that every sermon I write isn't going to be a best seller, I need to bring every ounce of energy I have to the platform.  But before that I need to prepare well.  I can't lead expecting others to follow if I convey anything that would cause them to doubt the wisdom in following me. 

I have a sign posted above the door in my office that says, "Preach Like a Champion Today!"  I got the idea to put it up years ago from the University of Notre Dame football program.  As the team goes out the tunnel to play home games, there is a sign that every player touches.  It says "Play Like a Champion."  While I don't usually touch the sign every Sunday, it is there every day to remind me to give my best in all I do.  Some days are better than others, to be honest.  But I love the reminder.  And it's interesting that I have a couple of guys in the church who know about my sign.  One of them regularly says, "You preached like a champion today."  That's a big boost after a message!

I want to challenge each of you who read this post to "bring it" today!  Give God your very best, whether it is at work, at home, at school, or in serving others.  He gives you the ability to be your best - honor Him with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment